The Production & Logistics Networks Workgroup is always on the lookout for highly motivated, dedicated and diligent individuals. We would like to invite the top talents in the world to be a part of the Production & Logistics Networks Workgroup at Jacobs University to enhance our team.
The workgroup of Production & Logistics Networks strives to develop solutions for complex and networked manufacturing and distribution systems. Inspired by the intense dialogue with practitioners, we combine fundamental and applied research.
One of our strengths is doing research on all relevant network levels and developing novel approaches on network design and control, process design and optimization as well as the implementation of new communication, logistics and manufacturing processes. This includes the accomplishment of research and industry projects, publications in peer-reviewed journals and focused literature reviews as well as teaching on bachelor’s and master’s level.
The ideal candidate will have:
▪ a Master’s degree in business, engineering, informatics, maths, physics or a related major with first proven practical experience in the fields of production and logistics,
▪ a high level of analytical, problem-solving, initiative, judgment and decision-making, as well as effective written and verbal communication skills (C2 level in German; C2 level in English),
▪ a demonstrated ability to intercultural communication with industry partners and students,
▪ the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment,
▪ strong organizational skills with ability to coordinate activities across various units and
▪ the ability to work as an effective member of a team in an international research environment, sharing work-load and information.
▪ a background or strong interest in numerical simulations, stochastic processes and/or nonlinear dynamics, as well as solid programming skills (e.g., Matlab/Mathematica/C++/Python)
The successful candidate will:
▪ investigate new approaches and methods to optimize logistics and production networks,
▪ participate in academic consulting and industry projects and
▪ contribute to the bachelor’s and master’s education in the field of engineering and logistics.
An approved PhD candidate will receive supervision and support in developing the necessary skills to produce high-quality research and will have the possibility to earn a PhD Degree. The position is initially limited for 24 months, and starts at the earliest possible date. According to the research topic, a research proposal has to be submitted in the first year. Salary is paid by agreement.
For any questions do not hesitate to contact Prof. J. Bendul +49.421.200 3194.
Only Electronic Submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, and transcripts as PDF. Please include earliest and latest possible starting dates. Screening of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Closing date: August 31st 2015.
For more details on the workgroup of Production & Logistics Network please see http://pln-workgroup.user.jacobs-university.de/pln-workgroup/ and about Jacobs University http://www.jacobs-university.de/.
Jacobs University is an equal opportunity employer.